Garden Clubs of Idaho, Inc. will offer one $1000.00 scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year. This will be given to a full-time student in the junior or senior year of college or in graduate school pursuing a Master's Degree. Sophomore students may make application for their junior year. No doctoral students may apply.
Guidelines for Scholarship Applicants
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen and a permanent legal resident of Idaho.
- Applicant may attend an Idaho College or University.
- Applicant must major in Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Design, Conservation, Forestry, Botany, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Environmental Control, City Planning, Land Management, Alternative Energy or related subjects.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.25 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in order to apply. Complete official academic transcripts (including the Fall 2016 semester) from all colleges and universities attended must be included. Undergraduate students must have at least 12 graded hours of classes per semester. Graduate students must submit official transcripts for all Undergraduate and Graduate work.
- All the information requested on the application, including applicant's social security number and the name and address of the college or university financial aid officer who will distribute the scholarship grant for tuition, books, or other school related expenses must be provided. All personal information will be held confidential.
- Only typed or computer generated applications will be accepted.
- All supportive documents must sent in the Completed Applications Packet and include:
- Application Form (PDF) or [Download fillable form (MS Word)],
- Official Transcripts,
- Letters of Recommendation,
- Financial Aid Form (PDF) or [Download fillable form (MS Word)],
- Personal Letter by Applicant and
- List of Activities.
Criteria for Judging Application
ACADEMIC RECORD (40% of total)
Complete official transcript of grades is required. Emphasis is placed on the strength of courses related to student's major in horticulture or allied field.
APPLICANT'S LETTER (25%)
Discussion of background, goals, personal commitment to chosen career and financial need. (Limited to 2 typed or computer generated pages.)
LISTING OF HONOR/EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES/WORK EXPERIENCE (10%)
This information should be supplied on a separate sheet of paper and not be listed within the body of applicant's letter.
RECOMMENDATIONS – 3 letters required (5%)
Three letters of recommendation required, considering scholastic ability, character and work-related experiences. (Limited to 1 typed or computer generated page each.)
FINANCIAL NEED (20%)
Signatures of Financial Aid Officer and student are required on Financial Aid form that must be fully completed.
The Scholarship Application and Financial Aid forms are available as downloadable, fillable forms (MS Word) or the blank forms may be viewed on-line and printed (PDF):